grace in ACTION, usa

Wholistic churches impacting their communities through economic development.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Making a Difference

In my personal blog summary I mentioned some of the things I'm passionate about. The last on the list is sports. My passion didn't help the Colts one bit today! I'm a fan ~ short for fanatic! And I'm loyal to my team, even when they loose. But it still didn't make a difference this afternoon. Pittsburg was just too much for Indianapolis, 55,000 passionate fans in the stands, not withstanding!

My first passion is prayer. What's so great about this passion is it does make a difference!! Sad to say, it took me years to learn that. I frankly thought God was going to do what he'd planned all along and my prayers would have no impact on him or make any difference to his purposes. WRONG!! When I began praying; God began listening. When he bagan listening; things began to happen. When things began to happen; I began to pray more, expect more, and realize more and more the difference my prayers made.

One of the best Christmas gifts Jesse & and I ever received was prayer partners. Our son, Jon, asked some friends to pray for us; one for each day of the week. As you can imagine, we responded in kind. Those daily prayer partners have seen us through heart surgery, job loss, personal heartaches, and many joys. God only knows the difference we've made in each others' lives.

It's difficult to pass on your passion! If I could, I'd give you a shot of my passion for prayer, so you could experience the amazing results. Don't just take my word for it; try it!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, it did work this time!

    jd

     

Post a Comment

<< Home