grace in ACTION, usa

Wholistic churches impacting their communities through economic development.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

NETWORKING

Networking is one of those words that seemed to appear out of nowhere; become a popular "buzz-word"; and then fade into that great word heaven ~ out there, somewhere ~ only to be replaced by another, "cooler" word or phrase. (Cool! Now there's one that's been gone a while.) I can't remember what's being used now in place of networking.

God's in the networking business. Here's a brief version of one of many networks He's put together for grace in ACTION usa.

After grace in ACTION was conceived, I often prayed and thought about the kinds of enterprises which would work in places like Jackson, KY. One day the Holy Spirit began to talk to me about raising alpaca. (Have your herd about alpaca?) ;-) It seemed like a reasonable idea, since alpaca are native to the mountains of Peru, South America, where the terrain is much like eastern Kentucky.. So I began to check it out on the internet. I even visited a wonderful alpaca ranch in Ohio.

A few months later, we were having lunch with friends from out of town. As I was telling them about GiA, I mentioned the alpaca idea. My friend, Sue, said, "You should get in touch with Kathy M from our church. She's really into alpaca! I'll send you her email address." When I contacted Kathy M, I learned that she and her partner, Cathy P, not only invest in alpaca, they are experts on the animals, and have formed The Alpaca Mission, with the goal of ministering to the poor. And, speaking of networks! They have the most incredible connections in the Alpaca Industry which are leading to amazing prospects for GiA and TAM as we pursue the possibilities together.

But wait!! The alpaca network goes on. GiA is networking with Self-Sustaining Enterprises (SSE), another organization with a similar mission. Their founder is actively pursuing ways to multiply both our ministries to the poor using alpaca, their fleece, and by products. You can check out SSE by clicking on Links from this blog.

LINKS!! Is that the word that's replacing networking?










1 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gladys:

    You're pretty "cool" with your writing...and I know for a fact you're a great "networker".

    From what I hear "BLING" is a currently "groovey" word. Don't know that it fits with your mission...just a bit of trivia.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home