grace in ACTION, usa

Wholistic churches impacting their communities through economic development.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Listen up!!

What would your immediate reaction be if someone said, "God told me to _________." (fill in the blank)? Would you raise a mental eyebrow and wonder if the person was dabbling in some new age philosophy?

Do you believe God speaks to people today? I do!!

Last Friday a friend I hadn't heard from in months called and said, "You've been on my mind for the last two weeks. What's going on? Are you free for coffee?" We met a half hour later and spent two and a half hours in mutual encouragement. I told her, "I know why the Holy Spirit put me on your mind ~ my mother died two weeks ago."

I've been on the other end of that senerio, too, when the Lord's impressed me over and over again with thoughts of a person and I don't know why, but I do know I'd better pray. Once after that happened, I decided to call these friends who lived out of state, and discoverd to my dismay that she had left him that very day! I was so glad I was listening to the Holy Spirit that day. I was able to pray with our hurting friend and entrust him to the Father's care.

Listening to God is how grace in ACTION usa came into being. God began to talk to me about helping economically in Jackson, Kentucky. My immediate response, "Who me?" And he said, "Yes, you!" So I kept listening and he kept speaking to me, as I thought, prayed, and read his word. Now I eagerly await each new thought from him.

I can't tell you how great the ride has been since that thought first came to me. If you want to live an exciting, thrill packed life of trust, listen up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home